Anyone with a home can benefit from our flexible Home Insurance. You don't have to have a mortgage with us. You may even be in rented accommodation and just need to protect your belongings. Simply choose the options that suit your needs from:
- Accidental damage cover
- Personal belongings & money
- Pedal cycles
- Legal expenses
You can tailor the insurance to suit your needs and only pay for the insurance you actually want.
Cover for your home
If your home is damaged beyond repair, you can claim the full replacement cost of rebuilding it. You must, however, have informed us of any major home improvements or extensions during the life of the policy.
High level of standard cover
- Up to £400,000 for buildings, £50,000 for contents. And this can be increased if needed.
- 'New for old' cover for items that are stolen or damaged.
- Contents cover automatically increases by £1,000 each Christmas at no extra cost.
- Cover for home office equipment.
- Increase in cover for wedding gifts.
- Financial help towards overnight accommodation if you have a home emergency that makes this necessary.
- Cover for loss or damage to trees and shrubs.
- Personal claims handler to support you if you ever need to make a claim.
Additional optional cover available
- Additional cover for your personal belongings, including money.
- Cover for pedal cycles.
- Legal expenses cover to give you peace of mind should you get into a dispute with someone, for example a contractor or neighbour.
- Home emergency assistance service available all day, every day for emergencies such as burst water pipe or broken window (up to £250).
Help if you need it
With our optional Home Emergency Service cover, we will arrange and pay for the call out and labour charge of a tradesperson (labour, parts, materials and overnight accommodation up to £250, including VAT).
Changing your cover
If your needs have changed, it is quick and easy to change your cover. You can do this at any time, and will not be charged a fee for making any amends.
At renewal your insurance premiums will automatically be adjusted in line with the current national house rebuilding costs. That means you don't have to worry about being underinsured provided that you tell us about any major home improvements you have made or any valuable and personal possessions you have purchased costing more than £1,500.
Please note: there are exclusions with all home insurance policies.
Click here to return to the main Buildings & Contents insurance page.
Vernon Building Society home insurance is administered and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc No. 93792. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Reg. No 202323.)