Members of the Trust:
- Run the Stockport Heritage Centre
- Publish the Stockport Heritage Magazine
- Promote the annual Chadkirk Festival and events around the Market Place and Underbanks including opening the old dungeon to visitors
- Campaign to save historic buildings
- Give guided walks, talks and costumed re-enactments
- Monitor heritage in Stockport
- Provide self-guided trails, blue plaques, videos and literature
- Assist education or training programmes and research programmes involving local history or regeneration.
Stockport Heritage Centre
The Centre in St Mary's is open from 10.30am until 3.30pm Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (market days). It has over 10,000 local images in its collection available for copying.
After visiting the Heritage Centre, enjoy a relaxing hot drink at the Nave Café, St Mary's.
Like to join the Trust?
Stockport Heritage Trust is always on the lookout for more active members to take part in helping promote and safeguard heritage in Stockport and its districts. To become a member contact:
Coral Dranfield, the Trust Secretary (0161 427 4006)
or alternatively contact: email@example.com
Visit The Trust blog for further information: www.stockporttrust.blogspot.com
When visiting Staircase House you will journey from 1460 to WWII and experience every century in between. Learn how people used to live and how our attitudes and society have changed over time.
Monday to Friday - 12 noon to 5pm
Saturday and Sunday - 10am to 5pm
including bank holidays (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
Stockport Story Museum houses a fascinating collection stretching back 10,000 years and its all FREE to explore! Stockport Story Museum takes visitors on a journey through Stockport's history. Explore changing social climates, attitudes and lifestyles and hear from characters of Stockport's past.
This unique building, situated in Stockport's Mersey Square, dates from 1932. The Plaza is a Grade II listed building and is a wonderful example of Art Deco design. Thanks to the efforts of Plaza Trust volunteers it has now become a working cinema-theatre. Stockport Heritage members support the Plaza Trust.